Coffee Beans and More
1. Coffee can improve brain function; work smahtuh not harder, kids!
These functions include: “memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times, and general mental function”
2. Assists in your body’s ability to burn fat, as well as your metabolic rate- maybe this means the treadmill can have a little break?
3. Caffeine can assist in your adrenaline levels increasing, and the release of fatty acids from fat tissue- aiding in your body to perform better (whether you walk 1,000 steps a day, train like a cross fit beast, or lift 800 lbs [we strongly recommend you don’t start lifting 800 lbs tomorrow- caffeine does not provide superpowers].
4. The sooner you get your freshly roasted coffee, the more benefits your beans can actually provide you nutrient wise (especially if you drink multiple cups a day)
1 cup of coffee:
Riboflavin (vitamin B2): 11% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI).
Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5): 6% of the RDI.
Manganese and potassium: 3% of the RDI.
Magnesium and niacin (vitamin B3): 2% of the RDI.
Let’s be Honest here- we all drink more than 1 cup of coffee, so these benefits add up- especially for us caffeine addicts.
5. Because caffeine helps to increase serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine: coffee helps in the daily fight against mental illness/depression (wow!)
6.Coffee is jam-packed with antioxidants; some of us may actually be getting more antioxidants from coffee than from fruits and veggies combined; HOLY CANNOLI!!
If you’d like to cross check some of these facts out of disbelief or would like to learn more visit:
How the Powers of Coffee Were Discovered
By OG Goats, that’s how. It is legend that tells us goats ate some cool magical coffee berries, and Ethiopian Shepherds took notice. The goats started dancing after eating said berries. I’m crying.
The Coffee Belt
“All the regions that have the conditions needed for coffee growing are located in The Coffee Belt. The plants require lots of sunshine and warmth and the tropical belt has plenty of those.” These regions include (but are not limited to..these are just most popular): Hawaii, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Yemen, Indonesia, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Ecuador, Rwanda, and Peru.
Some Really Expensive Coffee is Made With SHIT
You did not read that header wrong, and don’t let your mother read this (oops.. I said shit). “The most expensive coffee types in the world are made from beans that have been digested and pooped out by animals. Black Ivory costs $50 per cup and is made from elephant shit. Luwak, aka Civet, coffee is made by feeding coffee beans to mongoose, it costs $160 per pound.” I’m not sure how the animals feel about that but, maybe they too, dance like goats.
The last three fact posts were found on: http://www.ba-bamail.com/content.aspx?emailid=24049
The First Webcam Was Created Because of Coffee
..and not because of cam-girls, sorry. In 1991, a group of Scientists at Cambridge University, created a webcam so that students and fellow academics could actively watch whether the coffee was ready. Super innovative. It was then eventually sold in 2001 for $5,000.
Coffee Beans (Uh, You Mean Seeds)
Yep..that’s right, coffee is actually a seed. Mind BLOWN. The beans actually come from the cherries produced by the coffee plant. That little seed inside the cherry well ,that is the coffee seed aka coffee bean everyone is so obsessed over. The seed looks like the beans we eat (black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans…etc.) SO humans called it a bean—because we can.